Monday, May 15, 2006

SLAM!

Today started out good. Then got bad. Now, I'm on my break, so it's good again I guess.

It was a good day because I woke up sober and refreshed. Last night was the first Friday in the Shanghai-LJ Awareness Month. (LJ and I have agreed to give up alcohol, cigarettes, and fast food for the month of May.) Normally on Saturday mornings, I wake up feeling groggy and usually have a headache. Sometimes I'm pretty hung-over. I go to work and I'm just in a lousy mood all day. It was nice though today because I felt great. I got enough sleep, although I would have preferred an extra few hours. Last night wasn't even too bad. It was weird at first being at a bar and not drinking. But eventually it wore off. The hardest part was not smoking. Usually at a bar, I'm practically chain smoking outside. But after a few hours, I didn't even want a cigarette. It helped that LJ was there with me. If I was doing this by myself, I would have failed miserably.

So, I got to work. Things were going good. I was in the zone. My calls were going great. (I should be sober on Saturdays more often!) I was reading my new book when out of the corner of my eye I saw movement. It was a spider on my computer screen. Blech. Well, I'm terrified of spiders. I'm also terrified as being a lame ass girl. So, I quietly packed up my stuff and switched cubicles. Didn't want to make a scene. Not a big deal... although my heart skipped a beat when I saw it. (I have a problem killing things... that's why I had to just move.)

Then, a few hours later (although really just a few minutes ago) a man called me. I don't have a problem speaking with men about makeup samples, but I always feel like it's kind of a touchy subject. Generally, the men I speak to are just looking for something to improve their skin's appearance, not a new shade of lipstick. So, I have to figure out which kind of guy I'm talking to. I don't care either way, but this guy got a little offended when I asked him what color of lipstick he would like me to send him. He seemed really effeminate though. What was I supposed to think? Jeez, do your research. If you're calling a makeup company, it's likely you'll be talking about makeup. Harahan. I totally crack myself up. I'm doing this at work right now, and I am just getting the biggest kick out of myself.

What the f is mauve? Women keep calling me up asking me for samples of mauve colored lipstick. (I checked the dictionary and it's a purple-grey color. Why would anyone want to paint their lips purple-grey? You'd look dead...) I also keep getting these women who are expecting a sample big enough to last them for a month. This is a business, folks. If we gave you a sample for a month's supply, what would be the point in ever buying the product? Think about it. (For those who don't know, I work in customer service sending out makeup samples to women. I'm sure you sort of figured that out by now though...) I guess that was pretty much my day. Not too interesting, I know. But, I'm not forcing you to read this. Hah! (seriously, I'm cracking up right now.)

Tonight, the plan is to go to a leukemia benefit with Fabio. Then, I don't know. Possibly meet up with H and LJ for some non-drinking fun. I want some pizza. I'm pretty sure we decided pizza is not fast food. I still have to do yoga at some point tonight, or else work out for half an hour. (also part of the SLAM... that's a pretty cool acronym for the Shanghai-LJ Awareness Month, eh?) I'll keep y'all up to date on the results of that. It'll be interesting to see how much money I save this month... and how much weight I lose just from not drinking alcohol. Does that happen? I'm assuming I'll save about $80 a week. That's a decent amount of cash. I better save that much... I just spent most of that saved amount at Barnes and Noble last night. There's still a couple books I want. But... I should probably catch up with my reading list and then buy more. Since being in school this semester, I've been totally slacking with the reading.

Ok. Enough. So long and good luck!

*written on Saturday, May 13, 2006.

2 Comments:

Blogger idislikebush said...

That is a very catchy acronym. I like it. I also enjoyed the fact that you resurrected the Fabio name. SLAM is off to a great start. Hopefully we will be able to continue on the right path. peace out.

2:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

4:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home