Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Day Off

I was biking back from the hospital tonight and I swallowed my first bug. Grody. (It was kind of cool biking home though. I got to use my new red flashy light on my seat to warn cars of my existence. hee hee.)It was really bizarre today. I was kind of craving a bike ride. I was in the hospital all day with my mom and my friend LJ. (Thanks LJ for your support!) Maybe I was just craving some exercise.

In mom news, she is doing really well. She was able to get up on her own today and walk a teensy bit. (The MS is making her recovery a bit slow I guess.) She's a lot more lucid today. I think the anesthetics really affected her yesterday. And they switched her over to a thick liquid diet? I guess that's good. So, she gets milk instead of water, pudding instead of jello, cream of chicken instead of chicken broth. Stuff like that. The bad news is, she got a roommate today. She's an older lady who seems nice enough. She spends a lot of the time sleeping so far. Her husband is kind of loud though when he's in the room. And when the woman is awake, she's puking a lot. I feel kind of bad for her. But, I also kind of wish they had put her in her own room. I mean, come on. She's puking. That's not good roommate material right there. And I'm sure she probably wants some privacy for that too. But other than that, everything is super.

I have decided how I am going to celebrate the end of SLAM. I am going to this beer run thingy with my brother in Milwaukee. Possibly LJ will go too? So I guess the way this run works is: run a quarter of a mile, drink a beer, run a quarter of a mile, drink a beer, etc. Sounds fun, eh? (Shut up. I live in Wisconsin. The fact that we're running is f*cking amazing.) (I'm kidding! Jeez...)

So, I was wondering: is it normal to get random comments? I mean, some of the comments on my site repeat. And I was just wondering what that's about... It's kind of weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger idislikebush said...

no problem, anytime. I definitely want to be a part of the beer run. I still think we should start traning...without the beer, you know, start running or something. Running is good.

9:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home