Tuesday, June 06, 2006

"The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles"

I just finished reading this book today. It was excellent! I would recommend it to anybody. I was going to attempt to write something up about it, but I'm really not that clever. So, there is a link to a review in one of my previous posts... if anyone is interested.

Other than that, I cleaned the entire house today. Tuesdays are my cleaning days as I have off of work. My mom was taking her afternoon nap. She is not fully recovered yet from the surgery so I have been doing the housework for her. Besides that, her
MS does not allow her to do a whole lot of cleaning anymore. I don't mind though. It's good to be able to help out. And something that takes me 3 hours to complete would take her 3 days. (She has to stop and rest a lot when she does anything physical.)

Later tonight I'm going over to LJ's to do our evening walk with Dude. We are trying to convince H to join the party, but no luck so far... which reminds me, I still have to call her this afternoon and see if she's up for a walk/jog. I'm looking forwad to it though. This is the best part of the night as it clears my mind. I'm debating now if I should bike over there or drive. It has been raining quite a bit today and I would hate to get stuck in the rain on my bike. However, I haven't ridden anywhere in a few days. I think I'll risk it and try to bike.

I'm debating if I should try to advance at work. There's a position open for a manager. I'm qualified and have experience, but do I really want the extra work? When I go back to school, I'm not sure that I'll be able to handle that. However, I do really dislike my job and moving up would make it a lot more bearable. What do you think? Today's the last day I can apply. Maybe I'll just submit my resume and think about it more. I can always decide not to take it if they offer it to me. The odds that they would are probably pretty slim anyhow since I've only been with the company a few months. Oh well. I'll give it a try. Just to see what happens I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home