Thursday, June 08, 2006

Beer Beer Beer Bed Bed Bed

Today was an exciting day. I got to go to the NEW Zoo in Green Bay. See... a while back I won a scavenger hunt that Fabio was doing and my prize was a $50 date with him. So today was the date. Here's how it went:

First, we stopped at Starbucks. I got an iced coffee. Yummy yummy!

Then we drove to the zoo. On the way we discussed how the word yummy should never be used in the title of anything as it takes away all credibility of the establishment. (Ex. the Yummy Buffet in Madison, WI... sounds a little sketch, right?) Well, this was my stand at least. Fabio seemed to think it was perfectly reasonable to name a Chinese restaurant the Yummy Buffet because it is in fact yummy.

We spent about 2 hours at the zoo. I got a burned by the sun. But! I got to see peacocks and giraffes right up close! I took some awesome pictures which I'll have to post on here at another time-I'm sort of busy right now.

After that, we went to
Bay Beach. I found out that I am indeed getting old. We went on the yo-yo ride (or the giant swings) and I got so dizzy I thought I was going to pass out. This could be from the heat though too. (It was a super sunny warm day here in Wisconsin.) We also went on the train ride around the park... not as fun as I had imagined it would be. And then, we went on the ferris wheel, which also made me a little dizzy. WTF? I think the heat was definitely getting to me.

After that, we drove back home. We stopped at some Mexican restaurant and had a margarita and ate some tasty food. Then we stopped at Starbucks again. Then I went home.

Wow! What a super fantastic day! Everything you need for a good time is there. Animals, rides, coffee, and Mexican food. Yummy yummy!! The only thing missing was the cotton candy which I realized I had forgotten to get at Bay Beach once we were already home. Sigh. Oh well-almost perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home