Wednesday, June 14, 2006

For the love of god

I swear, today is the worst goddamn day I've had in a long time.

Work sucked. I have to talk to all these crankity old women about there damn makeup. This is how an average conversation goes:

Shanghai: Would you mind sharing your age with me?
Old Bag: I'm 5,000 years old. But I look like I'm 21. Everybody tells me that! (Do you know how many times I've heard this? a million. Listen old women... if you're 80, you fucking look like you're 80. You're not fooling anyone.)
Shanghai: [laughing] Oh well that's super! [giving phone the double finger]
Old Bag: This is free right? (sounding crotchety)
Shanghai: Oh absolutely! This is a free sample.
Old Bag: And you're not going to send me a bunch of junk mail are you? I don't want anybody calling me or sending me anything.
Shanghai: Well, we would like to get your feedback, but if you'd prefer we don't call...
Old Bag: You don't need to call me. This is free right?!?!
Shanghai: [tears hair out] It sure is free. And don't you worry your wrinkly old face. We don't have to contact you. [gives phone double finger again and mouths "bitch"]
Old Bag: Give me all the free samples you got. I'm old and I like free crap. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
Shanghai: Well, I can only send you out one sample. Then, give us a call back and we can send you another one out at that time.
Old Bag: I'm old! Give me stuff! I deserve it because I'm old and mean and you're young. Give me the free crap!!!

So- This is basically every call I get. I tell you, a little politeness would go a long way for these women. I talk to hundreds of women a week. The ones I give extra samples to? The nice ones. The ones whose information I "forget" to save? The crotchety ones. Thanks for letting me vent. I really do respect elderly people in real life, just not at work. (whatever sense that makes...)

After work...

H wanted to talk on our walk tonight. So, we did. It was me, H, Dude, and LJ walking. H and I were the only ones saying a thing. Nothing got solved. She left in a huff and I don't know what the hell is going on. Stupid goddamn walk. Why'd she have to push this talk??? I don't want to f-ing talk. There's nothing to talk about. The only thing this talk accomplished is it made me angrier and it made me look like a huge bitch.

Then I got home and my computer is not working no matter what I do. Do you know how frustrated I am right now? This computer will not work with any monitor that I hook up to it. It will not let me successfully install anything. Now, I'll admit, I'm a computer retard. However, I know some basics. I did every goddamn thing right.

AARRRGGGHHH!!! I really wish I had a punching bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home