Thursday, June 29, 2006

I think I'm turning into John Becker.

I went to the laundromat today. It was the worst experience ever.

My dad is redoing the basement, so the washer and dryer are unhooked. I desperately needed some clean clothes for work tomorrow. I don't think I had a choice.

Well, I got there and everything was ok, until the older woman came up to me asking for some spare quarters. What? Are you kidding me? If you don't have quarters, you can't do laundry. That's just how it is. Don't ask me for spare change at a damn laundromat.

Then, this family of 5 came in to do one load of laundry. ONE. Who goes to the laundromat for one load? I go with maybe eight loads... but never one. Anyhow, their kids are running around the place screaming and touching my things. (If anybody knows me well, they know I hate kids touching my stuff. It freaks me out. This one time, this kid was touching my Risk board and I swear to god I almost fainted.)

While I was folding my clothes, this woman came up to me and asked me if she could read my magazine. I was like "sure, whatever. I'm just folding clothes here." So I'm folding folding folding. (I had a lot of clothes there.) Maybe half an hour later, I'm all ready to leave and I notice, she's gone! With my magazine! WTF?! I just bought that magazine moments before entering the laundromat. It was clearly mine. I hadn't even finished reading it yet. BITCH! (I'm still pretty upset about that. I mean come on. Show some respect.)

The whole time all this is going on, an older man is on the payphone the entire time. He's not doing laundry. I don't know what he's doing except calling every 800 number that he knows of. I heard a bit of his conversation. It involved imitation diamonds and him getting a discount just because he wants one. Lucky woman he has there. Heh heh.

So, that was my day. Stupid fucking laundromat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home