Tuesday, June 27, 2006

That is a Cosby sweater. A COSBY SWEATER!

I need a break. I'm (still) reading The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It's taking me forever to finish. It's very good, but I'm just having trouble getting through it. I suppose it's because it's about a million pages long. After that though, my next book is An Opening Act of Unspeakable Evil by Jim Munroe. So you see, I have to finish this book so I can start the next! Or maybe I'll pick the Vampire Chronicles back up. (The Historian is about Dracula and vampires and everything. That's why I'm itching to read some Anne Rice.) I don't know. I'm kind of a nerd... I suppose I can stop talking about books now?

Today we're having the carpet cleaned. This means that I'm basically locked in my bedroom for the next 4-5 hours since all the other areas of the house have carpet and my mom would freak out if I walked on them and got them dirty. (Was that a run on sentence? Are all of my sentences like that?)

She actually woke me up this morning around 9 to clean the second floor before they came to clean. This wouldn't have been so bad except I had stayed up late last night watching the Cosby Show. Good times.

I really sound like a slacker in my posts. I'm not... usually. Ok, yes, I am 23 years old and living with my parents. I have a shitty job and I spend all my free time on the internet. However, I am a student as well. I'm just not in school right now because it's summer. So there you go.

I always feel the need to defend myself. Deep down, I know I'm too old to be living at home. I'm working on moving out. And I'm such a hypocrite. I would never date a guy who still lived at home. But I think it's different with guys. Am I right? No, I'm not. I'm just being a bitch. I'll stop that.

But my friend McGee is moving home from Boston this summer and there's talk of us living together for a little while. So I'd be out of the house. Then when I graduate, I'll be able to get a decent paying job and stay out of the house. Ta Da!

I've been big on the rambling lately, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home