Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Camping Part III: "There's a Holiday Inn! ...oh, and the Warped Tour."

This is the last post about camping... promise.

We woke up on Sunday around 9 probably. I made coffee and everyone had breakfast. It was poptarts. Mmmm. Then we packed everything up.

After that... it was shower time!!!! Yea!!!! This was seriously the best shower ever. I stank so bad. I mean seriously... like campfire, cigarettes, bug spray, ass... you name it, I smelled like it. So the shower was the best thing I could have imagined at that point. Afterwards, we said good bye to the campsite and drove on to Minneapolis.

On the way we stopped at the Bitchin' Kitchen. (or as the lame kids call it "Country Kitchen") LJ and I got commemorative coffee mugs. Then we stopped at Caribou Coffee. It was tasty. I've never been there before. I took a picture though and bought a caribou keychain that looks like a moose. (I know; you're so jealous right now aren't you?)

We finally got to the Warped Tour. Turns out it was outside. I didn't bring sunscreen. I'm super pale so now I'm super red. But the show itself was pretty cool. Got a ton of cds, a t-shirt, a free condom, and some anti-Bush stickers. I got to see Against Me (incredibly good show) Less Than Jake (also good as always) and some other bands that I don't really remember. Unfortunately, we had to miss the Bouncing Souls and NOFX- 2 bands I really wanted to see. But if we wanted to get back at a reasonable hour, we had to leave.

So we left around 7 or 8. I slept most of the car ride home. I was exhausted. The ride was about 5 hours I think. Poor LJ... she musta been tired too. But at least the car ride home we got to listen to punk instead of Fabio's crap.

The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home