Thursday, June 22, 2006

Recently, Fabio informed me, very directly, that he was very interested in me. I always sort of knew, but I chose to ignore it. When he told me right out I felt that I should respond with just as much honesty. I told him I wasn't interested in anything more than a friendship. This was a pretty difficult thing to do. Fabio and I have been friends for a little while now, and I respect him. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt his feelings. And now, where do we go? Are we still friends? Is there going to be an awkwardness between us? (and even bigger one?)

The problem that I have is: is it ever really possible for a male and female to be friends without one of them become interested in something more? I like to believe it is possible. I think it's happened with a lot of my male friends. Although, at one time or another I was interested in them or they in me, but that's generally a passing fancy. Once you really know a person, all their annoying and gross tendancies, is it possible to still be attracted to them if you're not dating?

I also sort of lied to Fabio. I told him that I mainly had no interest in men in general right now. That's not necessarily true. I do like the men. I'm actually sort of infatuated with one right now. I just felt that was a kinder thing to say. Was I wrong? I doubt I'll actually start dating anyone anytime soon. But I worry that if I do, he'll realize that I lied to him. I should have just used the famous line "I'm just not that into you." That's the truth.

In happier news, the drama between H and I is over. We made up. We went biking tonight with LJ. Good times. I love my bike. Biking is probably my favorite form of exercise right now. It just makes me feel good without completely winding me.

I guess that's all I have for tonight. See you tomorrow! (hopefully...)

P.S. If you read this, feel free to comment and introduce yourself. I know people are looking at it... what I don't know is if anybody actually follows up with it besides LJ. Yes, I know. I need constant reassurance. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home