Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Story of Minneapolis

Jeez. I've really been neglecting writing in here. I'm sorry... I'll try to get back into the swing of things and write on a more regular basis.

Ok. First, I want to write about my trip to Minneapolis a little bit. I know it's a little old... but I just want to get it all down before I start forgetting.

I left last Saturday. About halfway through the drive, I stopped in Thorp, WI to get some water and use the bathroom and everything. Well, I got back out and tried to start my car but surprise! It was dead. It was probably about 100 degrees out on Saturday. I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere... I didn't even know the name of the town I was in until I went to the diner across the street and looked at the name on the menu. I got back to my car after eating and trying to think of what to do. A couple tried to jump my car for me. This, of course, didn't work. So, I went to the counter at the gas station and asked the girl working if there was a tow truck in town. She gave me a cell phone number and a name: Stosh. I called up Stosh and explained the situation. He told me he'd come get the car sometime in the next 24 hours and told me to leave my keys with the girl at the counter. Ok! Sure, why not? I didn't really have a choice at that point though. Then, I gave J a call and he came to pick me up. He had to drive 2 hours both way and he had dinner plans for the evening but he cancelled it for me. Awww!

So, we finally get to Minneapolis, about 5 hours behind schedule. The birthday party (for me, J, and another guy) was already under way. I got pleasantly drunk.

On Sunday, we went to see the new Superman movie. Now, anybody who really knows me knows that I'm a die hard Batman fan. No other superhero even compares to the dark knight. Needless to say, I really did not want to go to this movie. But I did. Because I'm a pansy. It was ok. Mildly entertaining. About an hour too long. Whatever. I really wanted to go see An Inconvenient Truth... but apparently, I only get a day for my birthday... not a whole week.

On Monday, the boys did take me to see An Inconvenient Truth. I loved it. Such a good movie. I heart Al Gore. I'm putting up a link on my page to the climate crisis website. Check it out if you care at all about our futures. Ok. That's all I'll say about it.

Tuesday we went to see Wicked. It was the best play/musical I have ever seen. Usually about halfway through, I get really bored. Or, I have trouble understanding what they're saying or what's happening. But this musical... wow. It was hilarious, had great music, great costumes, sets... everything. I'm in love. If you ever have the chance, I strongly recommend seeing it.

Wednesday I met up with my half sister, Jocelyn. She took me to the Mall of America so I could feel like a real tourist. It was surprisingly fun. I bought stuff. Good times. When I got back to J's house, we went to Shout. It's this piano bar that plays only 80's music on Wednesday nights. I thought it would be sort of lame. But, I was so wrong. They have 2 pianos facing eachother that two guys are playing and singing at. There is also a drum set and a bass. So total, there is 4 guys. The amazing thing is though, all 4 guys play all the instruments and sing. They're interchangeable.! It was so much fun. Oh, and drinks are only $1. That helped too. (and by drinks I mean red bull and vodka and some kind of beer)

On Thursday, J took me back to Thorp so I could get my car. His mom met us there and we had lunch at the diner. It was the hardest thing I've ever done when I had to drive away. I miss him a lot. Well, enough of that. The point is, I had a great time. Except for the car thing, the trip was perfect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home