Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Brother Bear

I just finished watching Brother Bear. I swear to jebus that movie had the funniest scene I have ever seen. I'll go over it soon. But first, I wanted to point out some other rockin' aspects of this movie.

Ok, first, it's animated. That's a 2 thumbs up right there. (And might I add, it's hand drawn. None of this computer animation bullshit.)

Second, there are 2 moose (mooses? meece?) in the movie for comic relief or something. But the cool thing is, they're voiced by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas. You know... the guys from Strange Brew? And they do the same sort of accent. It was great.

Third, it's about bears. I love bears.

Ok. So the funny scene... I'll try to explain it the best I can. It actually wasn't a scene but a clip/outtake at the end of the movie when they were rolling credits. It was animated though... but in the outtake style I guess. Ok, here goes:

Big Bear and Little Bear are looking at a wall of ice. It has sort of a funhouse mirror effect. They look all goofy and they're making faces. The camera is focused on the wall of ice. Then, an unknown bear shows up... only he looks like a normal bear. He's not distorted. He starts to laugh at his reflection. BBear and LBear look at him and give the "what the f" expression. The camera turns around to look at all 3 bears directly and the unknown bear is all goofy looking in real life.

Haha. I laughed at that for probably 15 minutes... rewinding and rewatching. It was so funny. I'm sure it's funnier if you actually see it. I probably didn't do it justice. But, seriously yo, you should totally rent that movie. It's adorable.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg I saw that too a couple years ago and I still think of it randomly every once in a while and start laughing. I'm trying to find a clip of it right now and stumbled across this post. haha, definitely one of my favorite movie clips of all time.

6:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home